"The mediocre teacher tells.
The good teacher explains.
The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires."
- William Arthur Ward
Yes/No tips for the students in my classes:
- Yes, feel free to ask me any question, I would happily explain but I will never tell you the final answer. I show you the way, you go and find it.
- No, I don't teach you "what" to think, I teach you "how" to think
- Yes, I lead to focus on what can be accomplished. I don't manage you with boring rules.
- No, I don't take attendance. But ask the students who had class with me before about my incredible memory. Please come to all the classes on time and listen carefully. Then you will learn easily and save your time of future.
- Yes, work hard and play harder.
- No 低頭族 in my class please!
- Yes, every student from any department is more than welcome to attend any of my classes even without registration.
- No, I don't assign homework. All my classes are project based.
- Yes, for every second that you sleep in my class one star will die in sky. Don't kill the stars.
- No, don't worry about your exam. Care about your future. Also care about the stars.
- Yes, all my exams are open book.
- No, I don't mind if you make funny jokes in my classes. Well, as long as at least one person laughs, including yourself.
- Yes, I know, you see different personalities by me in different classes. Maybe we are several brothers with same name, look and office who teach several different courses. And, by the way, we don't know that guy who looks very similar to us outside the university, Maybe!
- No, don't be shy (Bie hai shio mah!). If you don't know how to start a conversation with me, you can use the magic world: Ni hao.
- Yes, I know that many of you don't like the taste of the green tea in my office, but still I offer you to have a cup of that anytime you come to my office.
- No, I don't speak fluent mandarin but highly appreciate it when students teach me a new word or phrase. Wo she ni de Laoshi, Ni she wo de laoshi.
- Yes, I think robots are cool but you don't have too choose robotics related projects to make me happy. Follow your interests and dreams.
- No, don't stay in the class during the break. Go outside and enjoy the fresh air.
- Yes, yes, yes.. As all my students know I am very happy to be with amazing students in our university. Let's enjoy our great university life together.
Copyright note: All the lecture notes are prepared merely for the educational usage. All rights reserved for the author of the any copyrighted material such as photos and images which are used in the lecture notes. However all the materials in this website are open source and can be used for educational purposes worldwide.